[Fedora-packaging] Rules for obsoleting or conflicting packages

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:18:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 07:37:23PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Given the speed at which this package changes, we're not talking about
> weeks or months, but possibly just days that there would be a conflict
> due to a rushed out python-datanommer-models package. Why can't the new
> python-datanommer-models not be released _together_ with a corresponding
> datanommer package?

I think that we're anticipating that the packager is going to do different
things.  When I read the quote, I'm imagining that he is going to be
releasing the new datanommer package together with the new
python-datanommer-models package.  Which would mean the packagest available
in the yum updates repository shouldn't have any conflicts between the two
packages (because the Conflicts is versioned).