[Fedora-packaging] Request for exception: seabios-bin on ppc64

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 17:57:38 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 06:39:05PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Alternatively, it would also be good to get a generic exception that
> would let us distribute pre-compiled .dsl files as RPM sources.  I'll
> try to get ppc & ppc64 to use a cross-compiled SeaBIOS.

I think it'd be good for the packaging committee (as well as for me)
if you could explain what the pre-compiled .dsl files contain.  Is it
just tables of ACPI data, or code as well?  I understand from the
ACPICA website that ACPI has some sort of interpreter or VM?

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v