[Fedora-packaging] version-release for different branches

"Germán A. Racca" german.racca at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:03:51 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I have the following situation. I have a package whose version-release
in f17/16 is 0.1.14-2, but in f18/master branches it is 0.1.14-3
(because of a f18 mass rebuild). Suppose I'm going to update the spec
file, so in f18/master branches the new version-release will be
0.1.14-4, and for f17/16 branches if I "git merge master", then the
release will jump from 2 to 4. Is this ok? Or should I keep working with
different releases for different branches and forget about "git merge
master" in lower branches?

All the best,
Germán.

--