[Fedora-packaging] package naming -- axis2 version 1.4

Andy Grimm agrimm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:02:54 UTC 2012

Another bizarre package naming question from the java world:

Axis2 version 1.4 and version 1.6 seem to generate very different code
from WSDLs.  During the Fedora 17 cycle, I packaged 1.6 simply because
it was latest, and I hoped that I could make it work for my needs.  I
have not been able to, and so I'd like to contribute a version 1.4
package for compatibility.  However, I have no idea how to go about
naming a package like this.  The official upstream project is "Axis2",
and the normal scheme would be confusing ("axis214").  I could use
something like "axis2v14".  Any thoughts or recommendations on this?

Thanks.

Andy