[Fedora-packaging] FPC Meeting this week

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 00:23:02 UTC 2013

On 03/11/2013 10:50 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 08:30:02PM +0000, "J??hann B. Gu??mundsson" wrote:
>> On 03/11/2013 08:24 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>>> This is just a heads up that I will probably not be available this week for
>>> the FPC meeting.  If someone else wants to run it, please do.  the only two
>>> commands you absolutely need to know are:
>>>
>>> #startmeeting fpc
>>>
>>> #endmeeting
>>>
>>> If you need me to vote after the meeting on certain tickets, just let me
>>> know.
>>>
>>> Next week I hope to be present for the meeting but I can't promise I will.
>>> I'm at the PyCon conference both weeks but next week is the hackfest portion
>>> so it will depends on internet connectivity more than scheduling.
>>>
>>> The Haskell Guidelines are one thing that needs to be looked over and voted
>>> upon: https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/194
>>>
>>> The filtering guidelines need one vote to pass (or five negative votes to
>>> fail): https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/189
>>>
>>> I think that all other tickets that we were voting on in trac are done.
>>>
>>> Lots of "new" tickets if you get past those two.
>> Throw your vote on having packages shipping cron job depend on
>> crontab as got discussed last meeting.
>>
> I was waiting for the draft to show up.

You mean the one that you guys somehow assumed I had more free time that
you did ( I dont get paid to work on Fedora which means I spending what
ever free time I have to work on various bits in the project ) and
somehow expected me to write one because not everybody could attend and
or vote on that meeting upon when it was discussed, You know the guy
with poor English skills ( which means it would have to be rewritten by
the fpc anyway ) and is not even packager as I mentioned on that
meeting. + I have already tried that once before and that did not work
out so well.

In this case it's best that FPC spends it's free time settles on it. I
have already been waiting for close to a 2 weeks for a single Require
line ( what ever it may turn out to be even thou it seemed to be settled
upon on that meeting that was crontab ) so I can start working on those
components after all you guys are the packaging committee and when you
signed up for the job you must have assumed that your time would be
spend on proposal and other related work that falls under FPC not just
expected to be handed drafts and ack upon them?

The bottom line is as got discussed on that meeting and seemed to be the
best chose is to have every package that ships cron job to depend on
crontab as cronie does. The rest who did not cast vote on that meeting
can cast vote upon that and I can start working on those components ( or
not and we have to find some other way ) and whomever has enough free
time is can come up with a draft surrounding that.

JBG