[Fedora-packaging] Filtering Provides for Node.js Binary Extension Modules

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 21:47:49 UTC 2013

Like the equivalent many other languages, Node.js C++ extension
modules result in unwanted provides that by policy need to be
filtered,  We definitely want to provide a %nodejs_default_filter
similar to Perl's %perl_default_filter to make this easy for
packagers.

However, I understand the old guidelines are outdated, and Perl's
macro already uses the new version [1].  Should we go ahead and use
the new version too when implementing %nodejs_default_filter or wait
for the draft to be approved?

Thanks!
-T.C.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Toshio/AutoProvidesAndRequiresFilteringDraft