[Fedora-packaging] jquery bundling for new packages

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at fysast.uu.se
Thu Sep 19 10:10:29 UTC 2013

tor 2013-09-19 klockan 05:35 -0400 skrev Jens Petersen:
> TIL that there are around a thousand packages
> in Fedora that include a file named jquery.js... [1]
>
> Anyway it is good to see efforts to tackle these kinds of problems
> with the Javascript and Web Assets Guidelines. :)
>
> I want to ask if the packaging of grunt and jquery
> blocks current package reviews of packages that bundle jquery.js?
> Or can they proceed for now until jquery is actually packaged in Fedora?
>
> Jens
>
> ps It is going to be a long cleanup process to fix all those packages with bundled files.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Web_Assets#Web_application_packagers

I am especially interested in how to deal with doxygen generated
documentation. I maintain quite a lot such packages. Will every package
using doxygen have to replace the jquery.js installed by doxygen with a
symlink in %install, or will doxygen be patched to install a symlink
instead of a bundled copy?

	Mattias