[Fedora-packaging] Bodhi new package "Details" text

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 22:42:47 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Shawn Iwinski <shawn.iwinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> When releasing new packages in Bodhi, does the text in the "Details" section
> matter?  I'm wondering if I need to do a bunch of tightly-coupled new
> releases separately or if I can do them all together.

Please do them all together.  I'm guessing that some of them depend on
others, and you really want to make sure they're all pushed at the
same time so there are never broken deps in the stable repos, hence
they should be filed together in one bodhi update.

I did this for npm back in the day:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2013-April/101526.html

For the details field I just described the main package along with a
note to review the bug list directly below for summaries of the other
packages.

-T.C.