[Fedora-packaging] Setting secure-file-priv in my.cnf

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 11:52:25 UTC 2014

Hi Norvald,

generally, I like the idea about using secure-file-priv, but I don't
like /var/spool very much, since even if FHS describes this one quite
generally, it is not used that way in practice. I also don't think we
have to use something different than /var/lib, just a new directory
other than /var/lib/mysql could be used; something like
/var/lib/mysql-common maybe? -- that directory would also be covered by
the current SELinux context definition /var/lib/mysql(/.*), so daemon
would be able to access that directory without adjusting the SELinux
context rules.

Since this is mostly a packaging issue, I'm cc'ing also Fedora's
packaging list to see if someone else has some better idea.

Regards,
Honza