[Fedora-packaging] Packages with missing %check

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 11:11:43 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I would be all for it if there are enough people that want to do it, start it, make sure that >90% of the packages confirm to that and we make it a requirement after that.
Making a requirement if noone steps in to do it would just upset the already heavily overloaded packagers. If there are people that want to do, they can do it now and once most things are in line it's made a requirement.
Same as compiler warnings - one never enables all of them at once, enable one warning, fix instances, enable another, fix instances. To continue the analogy in current case I think it would be best if work with 1 language/ecosystem (gnome, kde, perl, python, ruby, java...) community, see things there, this things there, get it into their specific guidelines, move to next ecosystem, done with most, make it overall requirement. Such an approach would ensure understanding the needs of the different subcomunities.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team