[Fedora-packaging] Update Java packaging guidelines to reflect current package names

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 13:56:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've just posted ticket 521 which covers a trivial change to the guidelines:

https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/521

Currently the packaging guidelines for Java packages say this under the
 BuildRequires and Requires section:

 Java binary packages or their dependencies MUST have Requires (generated
 by RPM or manual) on:

     java-headless or java-headless >= 1:minimal_required_version
     jpackage-utils

 However, on modern Fedora, the jpackage-utils package has been renamed to
 javapackages-tools (which obsoletes and provides jpackage-utils). So,
 moving forward, really the guidelines should be updates to reflect this. I
 propose changing the bullet point which is currently jpackage-utils to
 javapackages-tools. I haven't made a draft for this trivial one word
 change.

Cheers,
Jonathan.