[Fedora-packaging] Proposal: Remove BuildRequires: exceptions from the guidelines

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon May 4 23:34:01 UTC 2015

It's been a long time since I first proposed this, but I had a bit of
time so I took the feedback from this list and updated my draft for chopping
down the BuildRequires: section in the packaging guidelines.  Basically,
I'm now at a single paragraph:

It is important that your package list all necessary build dependencies
using the BuildRequires: tag. You may assume that enough of an
environment exists for RPM to function and execute basic shell scripts,
but you should not assume any other packages are present as RPM
dependencies and anything brought into the buildroot by the build system
may change over time.

Comments are welcome.