[Fedora-packaging] configure macro and FCFLAGS

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue May 26 16:50:38 UTC 2015

On 05/26/2015 10:26 AM, lejeczek wrote:
> hi everybody
>
> I'd like to ask if you might know what if any impact this var has on gfortran
> compiler during rebuild?
> Docs on gfortran say it does not use env vars thus what is the point. Also
> when I use and export my FCFLAGS I do not see them in rpmbuild output used by
> gfortran.

gfortran (or any other compiler) doesn't directly use any *FLAGS environment
variable.  It is up to the build system to handle it and pass it to the
compiler on the command line.

While CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS is pretty standard these days, the fortran world can be
inconsistent.  What package/software is this?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com