Broken dependencies: perl-ExtUtils-XSpp

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Thu Jul 15 13:00:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 02:16:26PM +0200, Petr Pisar wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:51:38AM +0000, buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> > perl-ExtUtils-XSpp has broken dependencies in the rawhide tree:
> > 	perl-ExtUtils-XSpp-0.12-1.fc14.noarch requires
> > 	perl(ExtUtils::XSpp::Lexer)
>
> There is a void `use' of nonexisting package that confuses rpmbuild. I raise
> an question to upstream regarding this issue.
> <https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=59408>.

According upstream, it's just a hack how to include autogenerated file
Lexer.pm into ExtUtils::XSpp::Grammar name space defined previously in
Grammar.pm:

$ grep -Hnr 'package.*Grammar' *
XSpp/Lexer.pm:3:package ExtUtils::XSpp::Grammar;
XSpp/Grammar.pm:10:package ExtUtils::XSpp::Grammar;
XSpp/Grammar.pm:32:package ExtUtils::XSpp::Grammar::YappDriver;

Upstream is said to export ExtUtils::XSpp::Lexer package in new release.

I will filter the *Lexer Provides out from current F14 package because the
Lexer is not intended for public exposition.

-- Petr