Exutils::MakeMaker dual-lives now

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:16:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Petr Pisar <ppisar at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just built CPAN variant of ExtUtils::MakeMaker in F17. I've been using
> the version for long time in my F17 virtual machine for doing package reviews,
> so I hope there should be no problems. However if your package stops to build
> for unkown reason, this could be the culprit.

I spotted a problem earlier today with EU::MM from Paul's rebuild of
perl itself. For some reason, rpm seems to have stopped automatically
picking up perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker's requirement on
perl-ExtUtils-Install. Release 207 was okay, but 208 wasn't. I "fixed"
it by rebuilding perl again with the dependency defined explicitly.

I've still got a few more packages that need updating, so should be
able to give the new EU::MM a brief workout over the weekend.

--
Iain.