Fedora 16 Alpha on Power ready for testing!

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 17:29:27 UTC 2011

Good news everyone!

At long last the Fedora Secondary Arch Team for Power proudly presents
the Fedora 16 Alpha release.

It's still hot, so grab it while you can from here (in case you have
appropriate hardware, obviously):

https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/16-Alpha/ppc64/

But beware, it's still a bit rough around the edges and needs some more
TLC, but hey, it's an Alpha, right? ;)

More details about this Alpha release can be found here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_16_Alpha_PPC_release_notes

and we do have an official release announcement as well here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Alpha_PPC_release_announcement

(both of which have shamelessly been taken from the primary arch Fedora
16 wikis and modified to reflect the state of Power architecture, known
issues and some workarounds for those).

I want to thank everyone involved in making this happen, it's been a
pretty long stretch with quite a few hurdles, but we finally got the
first big milestone done towards the goal to get a Fedora 16 on Power out.

Next up obviously Beta and then RC, so stay tuned for more updates in
the near future!

As usual, the whole team can typically be found on the #fedora-ppc IRC
channel on FreeNode and via our email list:

And we have our Secondary Arch wiki with (decently) updated information:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/PowerPC

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Supervisor Core Services     | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111