Trying out a new way of packaging Python modules

Andrew Parker gbofspam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 10:39:44 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 10:53 PM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com> wrote:
> I suspect we'd need an exclusion syntax (e.g. "this module isn't
> buildable on PyPy", "this module isn't buildable on 2.7 with ppc"); you
> can perhaps express this using things like:
>
> if [ $(rpm-pyconfig --eval @major_version. at minor_version) -eq 2.7 ]
>  %ifarch ppc
>  %endif
> elif
>
> or somesuch

How about having an exclusion option?  So that know incompatible
versions could be %defined once and we wouldn't need a series of
if/%if statements?  With wildcarding you may be able to do away with
for-each-2 and for-each-3?

%define incompatible "2.7 3.*"
rpm-pyconfig --foreach --exe --exclude "%incompatible"\
    "cp -a ../pristine @confsrcdir"

for the ppc case above, perhaps further conditionals could be added:

%define incompatible "2.7:$1"
rpm-pyconfig --foreach --exe --exclude "%incompatible" --arg %{ppcarch} \
    "cp -a ../pristine @confsrcdir"

the last example would need to be much better thought out.