python-distutils-extra

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 21:45:09 UTC 2010

Just a heads up to some new behavior that I noticed in F14.

When python-distutils-extra is installed, it will cause pylint to be run
against your project automatically when `python setup.py sdist` is
called.  It installs DistUtilsExtra.command.check on the
distutils.commands check entry-point.

This shouldn't be a problem in koji-land, since nothing currently pulls
this in at build time.

This turns out to be an annoyance for me, since it causes an infinite
recursion error with one of my projects.  Whether or not we want to
patch this behavior out is still up for discussion.

luke