how to include a .so file in my python rpm

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 02:25:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 20:48 -0500, Erik Blankinship wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Robin Lee <robinlee.sysu at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         Just remove the line 'BuildArch:      noarch' from your
>         specfile?
>

> That was easy!  Thank you.
>

> Now, if I wanted to build a noarch rpm, is there an example of how I
> would go about building my custom gstreamer .so plugin files in my
> spec file? Or am I not understanding how "noarch" works?

Right. The 'noarch' tag denotes a 'binary' package that is not
arch-specific; it will work without modification on any architecture. A
package that includes compiled C code is clearly *not* arch-independent,
you can't apply the noarch tag to it. If your package includes a
compiled C extension, you cannot mark it as noarch.

I suspect you may want to read the Python packaging guidelines -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Python - to make sure you're
doing everything else right, too. Pay particular attention to
python_sitelib vs. python_sitearch .
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey