Renaming Feature for F19 [was: Re: Switching to Python 3]

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 22 19:39:24 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at redhat.com> wrote:
> However, I think it's enough to place a clear upper limit on the number
> of runtimes to be supported (where 'x' is the relevant minor version
> packaged in the Fedora repos): CPython 2.x, PyPy 1.x, Python 3.x (with
> shared site-packages)

I don't know if pypy1-foo makes sense or how they want to support
python2 and python3 at the same time. But I'm all for pypy1-foo to be
on the save side...

One thing, that comes to my mind:
Should it be python2-foo or cpython2-foo?

Otherwise, I went ahead and created a feature page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PythonNamingDependingOnImplementation
Feel free to add yourself to the "owner" list and change it, when
there is something missing.

I would propose, that we agree to a IRC meeting, where we can discuss
possible differences or do you think anything is sorted out now and
the feature is "sane" for anyone?

Greetings,
    Tom