Python 3.3 in Fedora 18

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 19:30:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 01:41 -0400, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
> [...]

FWIW I asked about this last week on #fedora-releng, and the thought was
that it's not enough packages to be worth it yet:

<dmalcolm> is there a (very) rough ETA on when the mass rebuild is
likely to be done?  I'm may want a custom build target for getting
Python 3.3 into F18: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_3.3
<dgilmore> dmalcolm: when its done
<dmalcolm> :)
<dgilmore> dmalcolm: probably by the end of the weekend
<dmalcolm> ah; thanks!
<nirik> well, lets see... 3 days and we have done what... 5k or so?
<nirik> well, 2 days I guess.
<nirik> so yeah, end of weekend seems possible
<dmalcolm> so is a custom build target for python 3.3 sometime next week
a sane thing to ask for?
* dmalcolm is hoping to have a contingency plan
<dgilmore> dmalcolm: that should be fine. how many packages are we
talking about?
<dgilmore> and how long should it take?
<dmalcolm> about 30 iirc
<dmalcolm> depends if we run into difficulties
<dmalcolm> am trying it out locally on my laptop
<dgilmore> dmalcolm: for that few it really shouldnt need its own tag
<dmalcolm> dgilmore: thanks.  My concern is: what happens if I run into
some snag 20 packages in that isn't easily resolvable?  Do I manually
back everything out?
<dgilmore> dmalcolm: we could untag it as long as its not gone out
* dmalcolm isn't sure what that means
<dmalcolm> dgilmore: does that basically mean untag the say 20 packages,
so that rawhide goes back to earlier NVRs?
<dgilmore> dmalcolm: yes
<dmalcolm> tnx
<dgilmore> dmalcolm: we cant do that though if its gone out in a nightly
rawhide
<dmalcolm> hmmm
* dmalcolm hopes that that gives a wide enough window, and gets back to
rehearsing the builds on his laptop
<dmalcolm> thanks