Introducing pyp2rpm - A python package to rpm specfile convertor

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 14:16:44 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Hi all,
> for past few days, I've been working on a project called pyp2rpm.
> It's a tool that allows you to easily convert python package from
> PyPI to an RPM specfile. I would like to get it tested before I
> package it into Fedora, so if anyone is interested, here are the
> links:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyp2rpm
> https://bitbucket.org/bkabrda/pyp2rpm
>
> You can install pyp2rpm by running "easy_install pyp2rpm" or
> "pip-python install pyp2rpm".
>
> I will be glad for any comments/suggestions for improvement
> (including comments like "hey, I don't understand your readme nor
> help and I don't know how to use that!", which is why i
> intentionally didn't put any information about usage here :) ).
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.

After adding some more functionality and, I finally packaged pyp2rpm for Fedora (thanks to Matthias Runge for review).
So far it's only for F17 and rawhide, but I may add it for older releases if someone wishes. Here is the bodhi link for F17:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pyp2rpm-0.5.1-1.fc17

Enjoy!

--
Regards,