Reassigning most of my packages to "python-maint at redhat.com"

Robert Kuska rkuska at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 12:32:53 UTC 2013

I'll take testosterone and squaremap.

Robert Kuska

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Malcolm" <dmalcolm at redhat.com>
To: python-devel at lists.fedoraproject.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:14:44 PM
Subject: Reassigning most of my packages to "python-maint at redhat.com"

For the last 3 years I've been paid by Red Hat to work on Python
runtimes within Fedora (and RHEL).

I'm still going to be around, but I'm going to be focusing on the gcc
work I've been doing.  Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda (bkabrda at redhat.com)
will be spending more of his time on Python, and I believe RH is also
planning to assign some more people to Python.

Hence RH has created a "python-maint at redhat.com" address to be "the team
within Red Hat who work on Python", which currently is myself and
Slavek, and probably some more RH employees.  (I believe we have a
similar thing in place for the kernel).

Currently I'm marked as owner of 24 packages in Fedora (and EPEL), but
I've been fairly free in handing out commit rights to people who want
them:

RunSnakeRun -- GUI Viewer for Python profiling runs
gcc-python-plugin -- Plugins for embedding various versions of Python
within GCC
gdb-heap -- Extensions to gdb for debugging dynamic memory allocation
perl-Class-CSV -- Class based CSV parser/writer
pypy -- Python implementation with a Just-In-Time compiler
python -- An interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
language
python-docs -- Documentation for the Python programming language.
python-meliae -- Python memory usage statistics
python-numarray -- Python array manipulation and computational library
python-pefile -- Python module for working with Portable Executable
files
python-rdflib -- Python library for working with RDF
python-six -- Python 2 and 3 compatibility utilities
python-sqlparse -- Non-validating SQL parser for Python
python-squaremap -- SquareMap for wxPython
python-subprocess32 -- Backport of subprocess module from Python 3.2 to
Python 2
python-testosterone -- Text-based UI for running Python unit tests
python-xmltramp -- Pythonic API for XML
python26 -- Parallel-installable Python 2.6 for EPEL5
python26-distribute -- the "Distribute" fork of setuptools for the
python26 EPEL package
python26-nose -- The "nose" testing package for the python26 EPEL
package
python3 -- Version 3 of the Python programming language aka Python 3000
python3-cherrypy -- Pythonic, object-oriented web development framework
python3-postgresql -- Connect to PostgreSQL with Python 3
squeal -- Data manipulation tool for the command line

I'd like to reassign "owner" on almost all of these from "dmalcolm" to
the python-maint address, the exceptions being 3 that are particularly
close to my heart:
 * gcc-python-plugin
 * gdb-heap
 * squeal

Anyone have a burning desire to take over any of the others?  [I guess
we can live with the irony of having "perl-Class-CSV" be owned by
"python-maint at redhat.com" :) ]

I believe Slavek is currently working on updating the Fedora packages to
the recently released 2.7.4 (and then 3.3.1 and 3.2.4 - though I'm sure
he'd appreciate help, but tell him first if you want to work on these,
so we don't duplicate work!)

Hope this sounds sane
Dave