Notes from the python guidelines discussion at flock

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 00:44:27 UTC 2013

Greetings everyone, we had a productive session at flock and actually
covered everything that was in my email message about a potential agenda.
Here's the notes:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Toshio/Flock2013_Python_Guidelines

Note that we now need to:

1) Turn the notes into a guideline draft for the FPC
2) discuss some of the issues more broadly (here and in the packaging
   mailing list).
3) change some of the conclusions we had at flock due to that
   discussion.  For instance, I discussed the pypy idea we had at flock
   (symlinking the purelib site-packages into pypy's site-packages) with one
   of the upstream pypy developers and he didn't feel it was a good idea.
   With that feedback, I think we want to go back to the drawing board with
   that one.

-Toshio