Notes from the python guidelines discussion at flock

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:08:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:44:45PM +0200, Miro HronĨok wrote:

> The latter is awful. What we actually somehow could do is to generate
> pypy2-foo from python-foo SRPM and patch/tweak Bugzilla to allow
> aliases. Then simple add (by some script) {python,pypy}{2,3}-foo to
> link to python-foo so users are not confused.

We don't control bugzilla (and bugzilla is not something we really want to
run because it is pretty monstrous) so probably anything that requires
modifications to it is out.

We might be able to have a separate bugzilla component that is for the same
git tree (as we control the git trees and the packagedb) and just assign the
same users to be owner and cc to both components in bugzilla but that's
a special case that would require a bit of coding in the pkgdb... so I'm
loathe to say that's a viable option either....

-Toshio