python-setuptools-0.7.7 built for rawhide; hold off on mass rebuilds

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 02:28:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> *Do not* start mass rebuilding all your python packages with the expectation
> that this is the last major change for this release cycle -- there's
> a setuptools-0.8 package that is due out in a week or two and I would like
> to talk with ncoghlan about whether we should push that into Fedora 20.

I've landed the python-setuptools-0.8 package in rawhide today.
ncoghlan was for doing it and the changes should be in the nature of
making it easier for pip and virtualenv users to migrate their virtual
environments over to the new setuptools package.  The major vresion
bump is due to large changes to the code base but has not shown to
change how packages using setuptools operate in upstream testing.

Feel free to kick off rebuilds of your python-setuptools using
packages to test against this new version if you want!

Note: The only problem I've noticed so far is that python-zc-buildout
did not work with the new python-setuptools.  There was a new upstream
buildout release today to address that.  I've been in communication
with our buildout package maintainer and I think we'll push an updated
buildout package next week.
-Toshio