[Fwd: Python libraries and backwards compat [was Re: What would it take to make Software Collections work in Fedora?]]

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 08:02:21 UTC 2013

On 03/05/2013 12:57 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> If you want me to flesh out the "shared versions for Python virtual
> environments" idea, so you can pitch it to the pip and virtualenv
> developers, I can certainly do that, but I don't have time to work on
> it, or advocate for it myself.

I ended up elaborating on this point over on distutils-sig:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2013-March/020081.html

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Python Applications Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)
PulpDist Development Lead (http://pulpdist.readthedocs.org)