PyCon US: Packaging & Distribution Mini-Summit

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 08:15:48 UTC 2013

On 03/05/2013 01:51 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> I'll be at PyCon US next week (from the day before the language summit
> through to the end of the sprints). I just wanted to see who else will
> be around at the conference - it would be good to meet more Fedora
> Python folks in person (and catch up with everyone I've met before!)

My apologies, I just realised I forgot to pass along a link & invitation
to the Packaging & Distribution session I have organised for the Friday
night at PyCon US:
https://us.pycon.org/2013/community/openspaces/packaginganddistributionminisummit/

It's mostly focused on the upstream cross-platform tools rather than
anything distro specific, but it should be a good opportunity to meet
the developers of upstream tools producing the metadata tools like
pyp2rpm consume. I'll also be presenting a bit about some of the
upstream changes I want to make so it's at least feasible to convert
from Python sdists to SRPMs in a way that produces a usable SPEC file.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Python Applications Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)
PulpDist Development Lead (http://pulpdist.readthedocs.org)