mock, "megadeps" and PyPI

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 06:42:05 UTC 2014

On 08/22/2014 05:52 AM, Miro HronĨok wrote:
> Dne 21.8.2014 09:40, Bohuslav Kabrda napsal(a):
>> I like this idea. Not only it can be beneficial for people creating a whole environment for their Python application, but we would also be able to get a huge feedback on pyp2rpm and would be able to improve it significantly, I'd say.
>> /me is wondering whether we could automatically generate SCLs by this, so that the packages wouldn't conflict with system ones. In the best case, one could even be able to do "mock-or-a-mock-wrapper --create-scl-from-this-app-and-build-it-in-copr /path/to/my/app scl_name" (I admit that naming command line arguments isn't my strongest skill...)
>
> Might also be usable for packagers trying to build something against the
> Python 3.5 SCL [1].
>
> [1] http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/churchyard/python3-nightly/

Oh, I hadn't even thought of that, but yes, rebuilding for an SCL could
be very cool. The "How do we rebuild/repackage our dependencies?" was
actually one of the problems we ran into when considering using SCLs
rather than putting up with running in an older version of Python.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan