Introducing Python 3.5 nightly builds for Fedora

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 14:04:44 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On 07/03/2014 11:55 PM, Miro HronĨok wrote:
> >
> > Other than the packaging reasons: Fedora might attract Python
> > enthusiasts and developers as it is most likely the only Linux distro
> > that has development version of Python packaged nightly. Developers and
> > powerusers can play with new features committed yesterday just by doing
> > `dnf update`.
>
> I actually mentioned this in my recent SciPy keynote, on the grounds
> that scientists may want to play around with the new matrix
> multiplication operator without having to build Python from source :)

Yeah, I saw that one on YouTube. Good talk :)
Actually, I'd like to advertise this even more, e.g. on some of Python upstream mailing list - on the other hand, I don't want to look like I'm spamming everyone needlessly... What do you think would be the best place to announce this? python-announce-list?

Thanks,
Slavek