Python guidelines cleanup

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jul 28 15:12:46 UTC 2015

BK> comments:
BK> - I'm not sure what the "%{python_provides:%python_provide
BK> python2-%{pypi_name}}" are supposed to do, did you mean to use
BK> "%{?python_provide:...}" (i.e. without the "s" and with question
BK> mark)?

I just pasted those from one of the drafts, so I guess the original was
screwed up.  There were several instances of this and I guess I didn't
fix them all.

BK> - My last point from comment [1], later described more at [2], still
BK> deserves more discussion, I'd like to hear opinions of other folks
BK> as well.

I think if I were trying to do functional changes (instead of structural
ones like moving things to the appendix and fixing grammar) I would
either leave this unspecified or indeed mandate that the python3 version
be the default.  It wasn't, though, my desire to change anything
functionally that hadn't had a vote.  I'm just unclear as to whether
that actually was included in any of the changes I was trying to merge.

 - J<