Request for assistance: Python developer portal

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 05:11:39 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

The Python pages on the draft developer portal are currently looking
rather sparse: https://developer-phracek.rhcloud.com/tech/languages/python/python-installation.html

There's a pull request adding some additional details at
https://github.com/developer-portal/content/pull/70 but there are also
a couple of other major topics worth covering:

* Using pyp2rpm to create RPM packages
* The available tools to help with Python 2 -> 2/3 -> 3 migrations

The developer portal is the place to showcase our answers to "How we
can help you developer Python applications on Fedora", rather than
expecting folks to search the internet for answers.

If anyone is looking for additional ideas for possible contributions
to the Portal, it's worth taking a look at some of the topics I raise
in https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Projects/SoftwareComponentPipeline#Individual_language_SIG_responsibilities

Cheers,
Nick.