Stray .pyc files from tests

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Oct 20 04:11:12 UTC 2015

I just ran into an issue with a package under review where stray python2
.pyc files were getting put into the python3_sitelib directory.  The
tests were run with:

PYTHONPATH=%{buildroot}%{python3_sitelib} py.test-%{python3_version} -vv

and one of the tests ended up calling /usr/bin/python.setup.py --version
triggering the loading and byte-compiling of the installed module.  I
don't know if this is common issue or not (I suspect not).  Just a heads
up I guess.  Not sure if this is something that can be prevented in any
other general way.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com