Mention dist-info files in the packaging policy?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Sep 22 16:54:29 UTC 2015

NC> I just noticed that the packaging policy doesn't currently mention
NC> dist-info directories, only the older egg-info:
NC> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Python#Files_to_include

dist-info is completely new to me.  I never particularly understood eggs
so I'm sure I'll understand "dists" or whatever it's called now.
There's also a separate document for egg files:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Python_Eggs which would
probably need rewriting.

NC> Does that need to go through FPC, or can we just fix it as a bug fix
NC> that brings the downstream docs in line with the upstream metadata
NC> generation?

Well, only FPC members can edit pages in the wiki under Packaging:.  I
can't imagine that this change would involve a simple s/egg/dist/ so
please do prepare a draft and file an FPC ticket.

 - J<