Automation Tool Evaluation/Comparison

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri May 31 20:52:59 UTC 2013

There have been a couple tooling suggestions for automation here as of
late and I don't want people to think that we're ignoring them because
we aren't. I'm working on taskbot as time permits because it's a
relatively low priority for us until F19 final is released.

I'm planning to do a more in depth evaluation of the suggested tools
(beaker and igor, in particular. I'm already pretty familiar with both
buildbot and autotest for the purposes of what we're looking for) and
have started a wiki page to describe the criteria that we're interested
in.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tflink/AutomationFrameworkEvaluation

In case you're wondering, I'm still planning to go forward with
taskbot from a conceptual standpoint. While these frameworks would
all occupy slightly different places in the concept, I don't see
anything at the moment that would be a reason to reject any of them
as part of the system as a whole.

I'll update this thread as I get around to those evaluations.

Tim