Code Hosting, Development Tools and Open Source

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Oct 15 20:02:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:23:31 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> With the conversation we've been having and the persona developments,
> I propose the following:
>
>  - create FAS groups for git-taskbot-core and git-taskbot-tasks which
>    will control access to the git repos
>    * use fedorahosted for now, we can migrate to github/bitbucket
> later if we want
>  - start using Phabricator as a trial to see if we think we're getting
>    enough benefit from it to continue maintaining an installation
>
> The only question left is whether we'd want to deploy phabricator in
> the fedora cloud instead of on my VPS. My concerns with fedora cloud
> are twofold:
>
>  - I don't think we can do anything other than self-signed SSL certs
>    instead of the non-self-signed cert I have on my VPS
>
>  - I'm not sure if we can do subdomains on the cloud machines -
>    phabricator expects to have a subdomain to itself, so having a
>    multipurpose machine without subdomains could be a problem
>
> I'll talk to infra today about what's possible and what they recommend
> and I'll update this thread.

I talked to infra and we should be able to get everything working
(including some backups) in a cloud instance. We'd have a self-signed
cert but that doesn't bother me so much for now.

I have a bunch of other stuff to do today, so I'm not planning on
getting this process started right now but if you have objections or
concerns, speak now :)

Tim