Taskotron and Cloud Image tests

Mike Ruckman roshi at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 15 14:43:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:01:49 +0200
Vitaly Kuznetsov <vitty at redhat.com> wrote:

> Vitaly Kuznetsov <vitty at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Hi Tim & all,
<snip>

> > Yesterday I've tried setting up Taskotron (according to
> > http://roshi.fedorapeople.org/dexy-themed/) on 3 F20 VMs in EC2 and
> > actually I've failed (some ansible playbooks are out-of-sync with
> > some git repos, e.g. 'master playbook' is failing with 'stderr: cp:
> > cannot stat '/home/qaadmin/trigger/jobtrigger.py': No such file or
> > directory' in 'TASK: [copy fedmsg config]'. I totally understand
> > these instructions and repos are rather proof-of-concept and can be
> > slightly outdated but I want to ask about 'minimalistic one-host
> > dev environment' setup anyway. Can 'Host' be eliminated from the
> > setup completely and can we merge Master and Slave (in case we'll
> > need it for 'cloud') on one host? That would help a lot.
> >
> > I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> Sorry to bug you again about this, am I completely out of sync with
> whatever is going on? I would really appreciate your comments..

Hey Vitaly,

That tutorial I wrote is pretty out of date since most of the ansible
playbooks have been heavily refactored. One of the things I'm going to
be working on is updating the tutorial to reflect the changes. As for
removing 'Host' from the setup - that could be done (AIUI, but I don't
know what the value add would be. Tim would be in a better position to
answer about consolidation between Host, Master and Slave.

// Mike