Documentation and Docstring Format

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu Apr 17 03:10:22 UTC 2014

I'm getting started on documentation for libtaskotron and while I would
like to hold off on code style and pylint discussions for the moment, I
would like to start talking about docstring formatting before we get
too much more code written.

Sphinx has some useful features for making html docs out of docstrings
but it also has some pretty strict formatting requirements in order for
the documentation to be generated properly.

https://pythonhosted.org/an_example_pypi_project/sphinx.html#auto-directives

I'm not suggesting that we drop everything and fix all the docstrings
right now but I am suggesting that we start following the sphinx
docstring format for new code and fix other-formatted docstrings as we
come across them.

Any objections?

Tim