taskotron-stg going down for rebuild

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 19:30:48 UTC 2014

On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 23:15:04 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 12:36:35 -0600
> Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm taking taskotron-stg down to rebuild it using the new method
> > that we'll be using going forward.
> >
> > I hope that this will only take a couple of hours, but we'll see :)
> >
> > In the meantime, if you really want to see what taskotron is doing,
> > feel free to poke at the dev setup:
> >
> > https://taskotron-dev.fedoraproject.org/
> >
> > As far as the existing stg data goes, I'm going to make an attempt
> > at preserving it but since this is stg and not production, I may
> > ditch the attempt if it's going to take too long.
>
> As a status update, the rebuild is pretty much complete. I was able to
> preserve all the old data and everything appears to be working.
>
> However, the proxy configuration isn't quite right and it will require
> more tweaking tomorrow. I'll send another update when everything is
> back up.

Turns out that the firewall configuration is blocking some traffic and
we're waiting on a ticket to have that configuration changed. With any
luck, that will be done soon but the long and short of things is that
the timeline for completing the staging deployment is out of my hands
for now.

Will update as I know more. We've started the prep work for production
deployment to make sure that we find out about any issues like this
earlier than "why isn't this working?".

Tim