Next Steps for Taskotron

Dan Callaghan dcallagh at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 00:03:16 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Tim Flink's message of 2014-07-24 06:16 +10:00:
> While disposable clients may sound simple, there are many parts to
> this.
>  - deciding whether to use something like openstack vs. libvirt

Something else to consider here: if you build disposable testing that
requires using virtual machines, your testing is effectively limited to
x86, at least for the near future. Apparently KVM for ARMv7 and ARMv8 is
in the kernel now, and it can even be used with OpenStack [1], but I'm
guessing that's not a well supported configuration. KVM for Power seems
to be underway but not in the kernel yet.

Disposable testing on physical machines (with the option to offload work
to OpenStack instances when possible) is what Beaker is built for.

[1] http://www.openstack.org/blog/2012/07/trystack-org-adds-new-arm-technology-powered-zone/

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh at redhat.com>
Software Engineer, Hosted & Shared Services