openQA live image testing: ready for merge?

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 14 14:52:53 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 08:34 -0400, Josef Skladanka wrote:
> == openqa_trigger.py ==
>
> I really don't like the whole check_condition() thing. The name of the
> function does no correspond to what it does, which is quite unpleasant
> together with its side-effects (scheduling the jobs, and changing
> value of the jobs variable), and using variables from out of its
> scope.

So after coming back to this I didn't really like it either, and even
with your cleanups it seemed a bit fiddly. So instead I just threw it
away and came up with a new approach. I'm writing this from a bus so I
haven't tested it yet - if there are any stupid thinkos in the code feel
free to go ahead and commit a fix.

This way winds up being about the same line count, but it's a lot
clearer (I think) what's going on, and it should be fairly easy to
extend in future when we inevitably wind up with different images for
testing or whatever.

I've pushed the new approach out to the live branch (one big commit then
two follow-ups to fix thinkos I spotted myself :>), let me know if it
looks better to you.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey