new project: taskotron-vmbuilder

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue May 5 06:50:03 UTC 2015

> On Wed, 2015-04-29 at 11:21 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> >
> > I still haven't created project and repo in Phab, but if you approve
> > this as a way forward, I will.
>
> Just one thought - this could probably be rather useful for openQA
> too. We already have one case where we want to begin a test with a
> specific existing image (the fedup test that's currently under
> review). We could use a system like this to do other tests that don't
> involve actually running an installation (I'd quite like to do stuff
> like the Base and desktop validation tests and maybe some package
> management tests every day, for e.g.)

If taskotron-vmbuilder works for you as well, that's great. I can add some actions specific for openQA needs, just tell me (or file some tickets).

Of course, you can also use virt-builder directly, if that's easier for you. Currently taskotron-vmbuilder can't do anything extra that virt-builder can't. I just consider using the templates a bit cleaner than creating custom shell scripts for each image type. But it in the future, it might be extended with some extra functionality, like e.g. booting the image once and performing some first boot adjustments that can't be done when chrooted during image creation.