Planned Outage: Taskotron - 2015-05-11 19:00 UTC

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Sat May 9 00:12:32 UTC 2015

On Fri, 8 May 2015 16:55:28 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

<snip>
> -----------------
> Reason for outage
> -----------------
>
> With Fedora 22 final freeze starting on Tuesday, I want to get all the
> Taskotron hosts updated before that happens. I suspect that the outage
> will be closer to 1.5 hours but 3 hours leaves a safety net in case
> something unexpected Happens
>
> Any jobs which would have been scheduled during the outage will be
> recorded and run after the outage is complete.
<snip>

You may notice that a slightly different announcement was sent out to
test-announce. It turns out that we don't need as much downtime to
update as I thought we did - I assumed that there would be a new f21
kernel since production was deployed 2 weeks ago but there isn't.

The only thing that will require downtime is the postgresql security
update which does require that all taskotron systems be halted but
the update shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Anyhow, lesson learned - always check pending update lists before
announcing an outage no matter how sure you are that reboot-required
updates are coming :)

Also, I'm going to be updating and rebooting qadevel at the same time
and phabricator won't be available for 10 minutes or so.

Tim