[Fedora-r-devel-list] Which branches should I apply for? FC-6 and F-7? [was: R-Matrix ready for more review]

Tom Moertel tom at moertel.com
Fri May 25 19:21:56 UTC 2007

Fellow R-module packagers,

Sorry for all questions.  I'm still trying to navigate my away through
the nooks and crannies of the submission process.

While following the instructions in

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

the "Add Package to CVS and Set Owner" step referred me to

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure

I'm presently following the "New Packages" instructions of the second
document.  They tell me that I must make a Bugzilla comment (presumably
to my approved package-review-request ticket), containing the following:

   New Package CVS Request
   =======================
   Package Name: R-Matrix
   Short Description: R module, Classes etc. for dense and sparse
     matrices and matrix ops
   Owners: tom at moertel.com
   Branches: FC-6 F-7
   InitialCC: tom at moertel.com

It's pretty clear to me what ought to go in each of the required fields
except Branches.  I guessed "FC-6 F-7", but the
PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure page says:

   Valid branch names currently used for Fedora:
   FC-5 FC-6 F-7 EL-4 EL-5.

Should I list them all?  Only the ones for which I have personally
tested the package?  Some other combination?  What's the guiding
philosophy here -- more, fewer, or something else?

Thanks again for all your help!

Cheers,
Tom