Fwd: F13 Schedule Proposal--please RESPOND

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 13:38:45 UTC 2009

> > >I don't understand this reasoning. The desired work flow, as I understand
> > >it, is something like:

> > What you describe above is NOT what we scheduled or attempted for
> > Fedora 12.  We intentionally scheduled test composes before the
> > freeze (as Jesse is requesting for the Fedora 13 schedule)
> > http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-releng-tasks.html
> > --see task #13 for Alpha
> > --see task #52 for Beta

This isn't specific to the length between the milestones, moreso about
the QA checkpoints on the schedule.

I'd like to try another release while continuing with the QA testing
tasks for each milestone.  I'm pretty confident this was a good thing
for F-12.  For F-12, Alpha, Beta and RC [1] each had a QA checkpoint
for:

      * pre-compose install verification (rawhide-based)
      * test compose install verification (media testing)
      * release candidate compose install verification (media testing)

[1] The RC didn't have a test compose officially scheduled, however we
did one anyway.  I'd propose making it official for the F-13 RC.

Thanks,
James