Fedora Projects Tooling Meeting

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 29 14:11:11 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 09:50:58PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> <http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic/backlog>
> and which also kind of makes me want to have more granularity. But,
> again, I dunno. That might be too much. Also that wants us to configure
> sprints and stuff, which is a whole commitment-to-approach.

Okay, so, just to see how it looks, I broke this down into four (4!)
sub-projects in Taiga. I kind of wish the system supported Epics (see
upstream thoughts on that <https://blog.taiga.io/epic-stories.html>),
but it doesn't.

So, it looks like this:

  http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic-build-sys/kanban
  http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic-test-sys/kanban
  http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic-rel-sys/kanban
  http://taiga.cloud.fedoraproject.org/project/two-week-atomic-websites/kanban

with each project basically corresponding to one of the big blocks from
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Two_Week_Atomic#Schematic>.

What do you all think? Is this better or worse than everything in one
project for task tracking?

OR, do we want to do this entirely differently, with one "release
engineering" project and all releng tasks for all of everything
(whether Fedora Changes, internal projects, technical debt, etc.)?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>