FAD Goals and deliverables

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue May 12 17:03:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 02:57:11PM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Sunday, May 10, 2015 01:28:13 PM Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As we get closer to the FAD we need to nail down the deliverables and what
> > we want to achieve by the end of the FAD.  I am going to list some of the
> > things I think we need to have done. feel free to discuss and add things.
> > at the ned we will update the wiki with the deliverables.
> >
> > 1) working pungi 4.
> > 2) integrated ability to make atomic installer and pxe to live in pungi
> > 3) mash ported to createrepo_c
> > 4) rawhide looking like a TC/RC
> > 5) bodhi2 able to trigger atomic installer and pxe to live as part of the
> > update push process.
> > 6) livemedia-creator koji integration
> > 7) koji able to manage the url line in kickstarts so that we can do real
> > builds
> > 8) run-root plugin configured
> > 9) Secondary arches working exactly teh same as primary
> > 10) port pungi to dnf
> > 11) make headway and plan to port to python 3
> 12) have koji be able to specify the backend for installing packages into
> chroots on a per target basis. we will need to use yum/yum-deprecated for most
> but we will want to use dnf for rawhide and new releases. yum-deprecated will
> be needed when we move builders to f22

Here are some things that have been under previous discussion some
time but which I don't see on this list:

* Koji 2 -- What does it look like?  How does it work vs. current
  Koji?  How will it change compose processes?

* Composedb -- Dennis has talked about this many times.  Is it still
  meant to happen?  Is there e.g. a schema design?

I'm not against items in the previous list getting done at the FAD.
But I guess I was asking what will happen wrt. the revolutionary list
beyond discussion (which is what the list is for).  IOW, leaving the
FAD with a vague consensus that "yeah, we'll take care of all that
with composedb, whatever/whenever that is" would be more like kicking
the can down the road.