FAD Goals and deliverables

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 13 21:45:46 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Ralph Bean <rbean at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 03:44:13PM -0500, Adam Miller wrote:

>> > at this point in time it does not exist at all. we can not assume anything
>> > about it. I have asked the koji devs to start planning and get moving, but
>> > right now thwere is no such thing.

>> > Mathieu Bridon was tasked with this but AFAIK there is nothing existing for it
>> > yet. Again we need to move forward without it :( though it is something that I
>> > do really want. Perhaps he can give us an idea where it stands.
>> >

>> It turns out that I have been tasked with composedb[0] in some
>> capacity for FY16, I was hoping to get some background information on
>> it: What is it? What does everyone want it to be? Who do I need to nag
>> appropriately to get some discussion, design doc, $other ongoing out
>> in the open so that we can work towards this and potentially get it on
>> the list for the FAD?
>>
>> -AdamM
>>
>> [0] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Engineering/FY16_Plan#Application_development
>
> I get the sense that we don't really know what composedb is or should
> be, but having everyone together at the FAD will be a good time to
> suss out those details.

Yeah, a lot of people keep saying things like that but I was really
hoping we could sort out as much as possible on the mailing lists or
$other between now and then so that we could keep the amount of
planning time at the FAD to a minimum and hopefully spend a bulk of
the FAD time working on things. I don't know how realistic that will
turn out to be but it's certainly something I'd like to strive
towards. Maybe have a 1-4 hour planning session at the start of the
FAD and then be doing actual work for the rest of the FAD.

>From the grand pie in the sky concept of composedb (and koji 2.0 for
that matter), I don't really know if that timeframe is feasible if we
don't do any pre-planning on the requirements, desired features and
technical architecture of these things.

Am I crazy to think that for the FAD schedule?

-AdamM