F24 Change for PDC

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 6 18:37:40 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 11:46:52AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/PDC
> This sounds fantastic from a "should we do this" standpoint.  However...
> > Anyone want to give it a review, make any edits, or add yourself to it
> > before I send it in?
> Is there a reason you wrote it up as a Change?  Normally FESCo reviews
> those and approves them.  Given that this is entirely self-contained
> in Rel-Eng and Infrastructure, I'm not really sure a) there's anything
> FESCo needs to review here and b) it's even FESCo responsibility to
> approve it.

So, for whatever it's worth, I find it really helpful to have these
documents for infrastructure improvements, to help advertise the
planned change and to make sure any stakeholders have a chance to
provide early input. And often the process of putting together a
planning document as simple as the one required for Changes brings
clarity to the actual tasks that need to be done, so it can be helpful
for its own sake.

Since it's a self-contained change, as you say, it just goes into the
big bucket of those and normally gets a rubber stamp, right? Unless
FESCo decides that there _is_ something special to review, and then
there's a process for that.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>