[Fedora Robotics] Fawkes review, Robotics SIG Podcast

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:04:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Hedayat Vatankhah <hedayatv at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  *Tim Niemueller <tim at niemueller.de> <tim at niemueller.de>* wrote on
> 11/04/2010 6:57:29 PM +0350:
>
>  On 01.11.2010 16:05, Rich Mattes wrote:
>
>  Very cool to see you've finally got Fawkes packaged and submitted.  It looks
> like you've already got a reviewer too!  I really like the modular framework
> you've got set up, I'd love to do that with Player when I get spare time
>
>  Yes, review is even progressing. Currently incorporating his feedback!
> The modularity comes at a cost, many small packages. But I think
> especially for the kind of plugins we have, i.e. specific for some
> specific hardware, it'S worth it.
>
>  Happy to hear that :)
>
> [...]
>
>  I'm good for a meeting in the next few weeks.  After 5:30PM EDT is the best
> time for me (also a PA resident,) but I'm flexible.  I've gone ahead and
> update the SIG wiki page with current package review status, and some ideas
> for a meeting agenda.  We can sort out some of our ideas in that agenda
> leading up to the meeting.
>
>  Ok, who else is going t participate?
> My best option would be November 10th at 19:00 EST (that's 1:00 UTC
> then, mind DST change next weekend). If there are more people from other
> time zones we might have to shift this to something (much) earlier.
>
>  I (hopefully!). About the time, it's fine but I'd prefer it being a bit
> later (e.g 4:00 UTC); but I think I can arrange to participate in 1:00 UTC
> too.
>

>  I agree with the agenda items. When are F-15 feature proposals due?
>
>  I cannot check the schedule right now but I think it would be soon,
> specially for F-15 it should happen sooner than previous releases.
>
> Thanks,
> Hedayat
>
>  	Tim
>

> Hi,

I could do anywhere in the range of 1:00 to 4:00 UTC, but not much past
that.

Fedora 15 deadlines are contained in [1]; as of today the Feature Submission
deadline is January 25.  That gives us plenty of time to prepare a robotics
spin.  The Feature Freeze deadline is February 8th; that's probably the more
important deadline to be looking at.  I really like the idea of the robotics
spin as a Feature, Features tend to land in the release notes, get special
articles on fedoraproject.org, and get picked up by journalists.

Rich

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15